Home systems maintenance is extremely important as a homeowner.
Regular home systems maintenance will prevent costly repairs on down the road. Periodic home systems maintenance is just as important as having a trusted service provider to make necessary repairs. A common expectation of homeowners is to want the components and systems in their home to work when they need them.
Victims of Murphy’s Law can attest that their air conditioner goes out on the hottest day of the year or the water heater fails when you have out of town visitors.
- Replace burned-out, dim or missing bulbs in light fixtures and lamps. Consider switching to LED bulbs.
- Dryer exhaust vents build up lint even though you may be cleaning the filter regularly.
- Fire extinguishers need to be recharged or replaced after the expiration date.
- Establish a recurring appointment on your calendar to change filters in your HVAC.
- Replace missing or damaged caulk around sinks, bathtubs, showers, windows and other areas.
- Clean gutters.
- Schedule an inspection with a pest control a minimum of once a year unless you have a service contract.
- Schedule a chimney cleaning prior to using the fireplace for the first time in the season.
- Keep all tree branches and shrubs trimmed away from the home.
- Pressure wash exterior, deck, patio, sidewalks, and driveway.
- Keep levels of insulation in the attic above your ceiling joists.
- Check appliances with water lines for leaks or worn hoses – ice maker, washing machine, dishwasher, etc.
- Test all GFI breakers and reset.
- Inspect all electrical outlets for broken receptacles, fire hazards or loose-fitting plugs.
- Have furnace and air conditioner serviced annually.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries.
Early fall is a great time to perform home systems maintenance. Take care of these items before the weather becomes harsh.
To search for properties for sale in the Denver Metro area, CLICK HERE
For more information about Denver Colorado Real Estate or homes for sale along the Front Range, call Marilyn Van Steenberg, Dream Home Consultant, Certified Residential Specialist and Eco-Broker.
Specializing in Buyer Representation & Relocation Real Estate Transactions.