Getting Started in Real Estate
1. Go on line and order your E & O Insurance. (Errors & Omissions). Please use the company that the real estate commission recommends. Rice Insurance is currently the vendor of choice. Once you have your policy, make a copy and take it to the real estate commission with your application. Rice is supposed to send a copy to the CREC, but don’t assume!
2. Hand carry your license application to the Colorado Real Estate Commission. It’s located at 1560 Broadway, Suite 925, Denver, CO 80202. Phone: 303 894 2166 or 303 894 2185.
You will need to pay with either a personal check or a money order. The CREC does not take credit cards or cash.
You will receive a stamped receipt at the time of payment. This will allow you to be an active agent. It can take as much as 10 days to 2 weeks for your name to appear under Buyer’s Best Choice, Inc. But, until you have a license number, there isn’t much you can do, so be patient!
I may need to sign your application.
3. Once you have your license number, go on line and join SMDRA (South Metro Denver Realtor Association). You can pay by credit card. Joining the board will allow you to have access to the multi-listing service.
4. After you have joined SMDRA, join REColorado, the multi-listing service. It is also known as Matrix. You can set your account up using a credit card. They will automatically bill you each month. Please schedule time to attend at least one of their entry level classes. They are free!
5. Talk to me about business cards. I will include one of your cards in the letters I send out to your database.
6. Write a short bio. Think about your skills that will transfer easily to real estate. Great customer service skills, construction background, etc.
7. Send me your database so I can send out letters announcing the fact that you have become a Realtor.
8. Schedule an hour with me so we can talk about your business/marketing plan for the next 12 months. You will need some type of guide so you will know what to do next.
9. CTM econtracts is one of the programs you will need to purchase. It is what you use to write your contracts. Don’t do this until you are actually ready to write something. You get 30 days free, so wait.
10. I know you are going to be successful as a Realtor! I have all the confidence in you! Have fun! Ask questions! Welcome to Buyer’s Best Choice, Inc.